Economic development has always been at the centre of human societies. The humans' present movement for the economic development led to a world where pollution in all forms has become a threat for the humans itself and the ecological system. It also led to increase in stress level, deterioration in interpersonal relation and diseases. The preindustrialization era witnessed the eco-friendly and sustainable development practices across different cultures in general and South-Asian in particular that constitutes the central theme of this academic discourse.
There is a need to find the ways and means for economic development which are sustainable i.e. to satisfy the needs of humans but in a manner that sustains natural resources and the environment for present and future generations. The international conference on "Significance of Yoga & South Asian Culture in Modern Management Practices" is an attempt to provide a platform for academicians, research scholars, historians/social scientist and others for discussion and to come up with practical solutions practiced in the various cultures of South Asia for sustainable economic development in the present.
1. Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy: Ancient Heritage - Modern Professionals.
2. Management Thoughts in Various Religious Texts.
3. Human Resource Practices : Ancient Wisdom and Modern World.
4. Jewels of Financial Wisdom from Ancient Texts: Local to Global.
5. Production Practices: Then and Now.
6. Ancient Wisdom : Parables for Modern Marketing.
7. ICT Intervention in Managerial Decision Making.
All the sub-themes suggested above are only indicative. Papers on other sub-themes related to conference theme are also welcomed.